Thursday, July 19, 2007

It starts

Tickets are purchased! I depart from Oakland and will arrive in L.A. a week from tomorrow evening to begin my road to American Idol fame and fortune. I had a long discussion with my boyfriend (who shall be known as “Joaquin” for privacy purposes on this blog) about how he will handle the paparazzi that will inevitably become a mainstay in our lives. He seems fine with it.

Now the real work begins – reading through the release forms (i.e. skipping the fine print and mindlessly signing away all my god given rights to the Idol powers that be in a classic move only made by young talent during their initial foray into Hollywood).

6 comments:

Michael said...

Given that you're obviously on the fast track to superstardom, when can we expect "Joaquin" to start considering his own "Popozao"?

Ella said...

As your stylist I'd like to remind you that skulls are so last year.

-Daniqua

littleghettoblaster said...

This will be fun. And woman, you better keep this thing updated. I sent it to co-workers!

mpggator said...

I'm happy to be your publicist. I can see it now, "Hello Ellen producer. Rachael, the next William Hung, is available for guest spots..."

forsie said...

please make sure your timesheets are in before you leave. i'd hate to have to fly to socal to drag you off the idol line to enter your time. :-) (totally kidding, of course) we'll be rooting for you!

Atil said...

As a personal witness to the Rachel & Brittani show, I'd like to say....wait, let me rephrase that. I have to say we are all in for one amazing show. Your sides will hurt. The tears will flow. All from laughter. No alcohol necessary, but will only enhance the experience. The idol producers have NO idea what is headed their way. And if they're smart, then we'll all see the Rachel & Brittani show next season on Fox!