Thursday, August 2, 2007

9th Ring of Hell - the BOR Version - Part Four

Rach returns with amazing news. She has run into a friend of hers from San Francisco. She is hiding in a stadium tunnel and she knows how to cut the line! Rachael says she will be back, but I cannot stand another minute in that same small area, so she kindly takes me with her. I will have to learn to drool and walk at the same time.

We meet Rach’s friend, Sarah, who tells us that the Idol staff do not check tickets when letting in each group to audition. The key is to hang back in the secret underground tunnel, then jump in with the section once they begin making their way onto the field. I promise Rachael I will bail her out of Idol jail if she is caught. But she isn’t! As stated earlier, Rach’s friend Sara is the Harriet Tubman of American Idol Auditions and her crazy plan works. I grab all the stuff and head to the other side of the stadium so I can get a closer look as Rach takes the long walk towards the audition booths.

I can’t hear anything, but I can see her reach the front of the line, sing last and grab the attention of the other people in her group. I am sure she will make the next round. Absolutely positive. I will bet money on it. Then I see Rach hold her wrist out over the garbage can of shame. NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

We agree via cell to meet back at the car. Instead of devastated, we feel strangely victorious. This may stem from the fact that we are escaping hell just before 3pm, instead of sometime in the middle of the night. Cheating is the way to go, people. It’s my favorite.

One more post to come to finish the story.

No comments: